The Saddlebrook program/meeting room is primarily for use by the three entities that comprise the joint-use facility Saddlebrook: Omaha Public Library, Omaha Parks and Recreation Community Center and Saddlebrook Elementary/OPS.
The following guidelines govern the use of the Program/Meeting Room whether being utilized by an above–mentioned entity or by the public:
- The three entities make every effort to offer and provide free programming and/or meeting space to all ages of the public, but reserve the right to charge a fee.
- All programs and events sponsored by the entities will be open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis and in some cases require pre-registration.
- At times, there is a set fee for outside private groups/organizations to utilize this space and it is calculated on an hourly basis (or a half-hour basis can be done too), which will include all set-up and take-down time needed in that space. Any fees charged are dependent on the purpose of the gathering and the entity taking and approving the application.
- This space may not be used in a manner that allows for consumption of alcohol, flame/lighted candles or excessive noise.
- The room must be cleaned up after use and put back in the standard configuration that is posted. Failure to return the room to its original set-up may result in a $25 fee. Any special set up arrangements shall be the responsibility of the group using the meeting room.
- All users of this space agree to adhere to the posted Fire Code capacity as directed by the Fire Marshall: 45 Persons
- Reservation in advance with the staff member responsible for booking the space is required. This space cannot be booked by outside groups more than 12 months in advance. It is necessary to fill out an application form for use of the Program/Meeting Room at least 48 hours in advance. Tentative reservations made by phone will be honored for 48 hours.
- If the Program/Meeting Room is being used for an event outside of the library’s hours, no trespassing into the library is allowed at any time.
- It is expected that all using this space follow each entity’s code of conduct, rules and policies. Abuse of the program/meeting room guidelines or physical damage to the facility in any way may result in the group’s representative paying for damages incurred and result in restriction from further use, including potential ban & bar.
- In the event of inclement weather or an emergency requiring the use of the facility for a City event, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone the use of the Program/Meeting Room without penalty. Every effort under such conditions will be made to reschedule the use for a mutually satisfactory time.
- Use by outside groups does not constitute an endorsement by any of the three entities at Saddlebrook.
Approved by the Library Board of Trustees
of the Omaha Public Library, June 17, 2015